Kansas Automobile Dealers Association (“KADA”) Title Services
The Assistant Title Manager
Exempt, Full Time
Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; One (1) hour lunch break
The Assistant Title Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of all aspects of the Kansas Automobile Dealers Association (“KADA”) Title Services and providing support to the Title Manager.
- Analyzes and evaluates all motor vehicle title applications and supporting documents for accurate information, completeness and eligibility for the issuance of the certificate of motor vehicle title in accordance with the Kansas statutes, policies, and procedures. Interprets the guidelines to help customers find the best solution to address the problem detected during editing and processing.
- Identifies errors and determines what is needed to proceed with the issuance of the certificate of motor vehicle title.
- Resolves errors on all applications through research and or requesting correspondence and supporting documents.
- Maintains working knowledge of all tasks and responsibilities of the assigned work so the completion and/or training of these tasks can be performed.
- Provides professional service to all contacts requesting and/or needing assistance, answers questions or concerns regarding motor vehicles, motor vehicle title applications, or anything related. Interaction can be in person, via phone or email.
- Operates personal computer, data entry equipment, communications systems, and other office equipment.
- Acts as the KADA Title Runner on a daily basis.
- Answers the front and back door for customers and deliveries.
- Places supply orders to maintain downstairs office equipment and supplies.
- Assists with taking orders for forms and supplies from customers as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- One (1) to three (3) years of related experience preferred.
- Skilled communication skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license and working vehicle to perform KADA Runner duties
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office is required. Experience with customer database is preferred.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filling, faxing, and processing paperwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff and customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Demonstrates poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to work with myriad personality types in a congenial and respectful manner.
- Requires the ability to lift and move boxes of forms and paper weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events as required.
- Frequent travel may be possible.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.