Kansas Pork Association ["KPA"]
Director of Communications
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reports to and works at the direction of the President-CEO.
Wendell Moyer Office Building, 2601 Farm Bureau Road, Manhattan, KS 66502
The Kansas Pork Association is a grassroots organization representing Kansas pork producers. Through public policy and advocacy efforts as well as research, producer education, promotion, and consumer information programs and services, KPA serves as the voice of the Kansas pork industry. This position offers paid time off, a retirement plan and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Coordinates content, layout, and design of written materials including brochures, newsletters, and other publications.
- Manages youth education programs and outreach.
- Updates website content and materials using WordPress and/or other platforms. Uses social media, including Facebook and Instagram, as part of KPA’s brand management.
- Maintains knowledge of current media trends including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success Manages email and event campaigns using Constant Contact.
- Represents KPA by participating in community events to help build a positive image and strong relationships.
- Assists with preparations for KPA board meetings and other events.
- Maintains membership listing.
- Develop partnerships with other ag and non-ag groups to further the organization's goals and developing funding requests.
- Complete daily administrative assistant duties Maintain time allocation and expense reports.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Ag experience preferred.
- Experience with social media analytics.
- Advanced computer and design skills (Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress)
- Ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Requires occasional travel.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Occasional lifting of twenty-five (25) to forty (40) pounds.
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately eighty (80%) percent of the time.
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.
- Bending and reaching approximately twenty (20%) percent of the time.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff, clients and the general public.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.