Prairie Band Propane
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Propane Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of bulk propane to an established customer base. Drivers will assist with other routes and within the plant and dock as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Delivers bulk propane to customers.
- Prospects and grows customer base by identifying new opportunities in surrounding communities.
- Prepares delivery tickets and complete paperwork for processing.
- Completes propane system hookups and gas tests as needed.
- Provides parts support and performs propane equipment diagnostics.
- Assists dock customers and processes orders.
- Assists and/or fills in on other routes and provides support within the plant as needed.
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures.
- Delivers and assists with other propane and petroleum products as needed.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities according to established safety rules and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years related experience and/or training helpful.
- Class B CDL and good driving record required.
- Hazmat Endorsement also required.
- General math skills required; addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Excellent customer service skills and excellent communication skills.
- Experience using computers including email, electronic log books and other applications preferred.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Regularly required to sit; drive for extended periods.
- Will routinely stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Outside/outdoor environment includes extreme hot and cold temperatures, as well as wet and/or humid weather conditions.
- Mechanical or electrical burn and chemical hazards possible with moderate risk of injury.
- Minimal possibility of exposure to toxic wastes.
- Frequently stressful atmosphere with long or irregular hours.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Indian Preference Exercised:
Prairie Band, LLC is subject to Title 22: Employment Code of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation. In accordance with Title 22, this position is designated as a TIER 1 position. Preference will be given to individuals to the extent required pursuant to Section 22-2-4(B).