CoreFirst Bank & Trust
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Sr. Commercial Banking Administrator
**$500 sign on bonus for new hires**
Responsible for assisting the Commercial Banking Officers in management of the commercial loan portfolio. Working in conjunction with the Lender, the Commercial Banking Assistant is responsible for providing personal and professional service to the customer. The assistant establishes and maintains a relationship and familiarity with the customers and the Bank’s loan policies and procedures in order to provide a streamlined and efficient customer service experience.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assists Lenders with Commercial Loan application, approval, and closing processes:
- Following loan approval, serves as liaison between Lender and Loan Processing, to request and coordinate preparation of loan documents and schedule closings. May assist with closings as needed
- Anticipates and obtains items necessary for loan requests, such as corporate documents, credit reports, UCC searches, VIN searches, flood determinations, appraisals, title work, mortgage releases, etc.
- Inputs data in Credit Quest
- Coordinates with Credit Administration on financial statement spreads and/or other analyses, either routinely or as requested by Lender
- Coordinates with Commercial Services as appropriate, in order to assist loan customers with depository products and services, such as Internet Banking and Treasury Management Services.
- Contacts customers for routine requests, such as financial statements, loan payments, and corporate documents.
- Handles routine customer requests and inquiries, such as loan histories, posting errors, changes of address, line of credit advances, construction loan draws, notary services, lien releases, etc.
- Scheduling appointments through Microsoft Outlook
- Two or more years of related experience; previous commercial banking experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to courtesy and tact
- Work involves extensive contact with others, including executive and senior management
- Communication with customers may be of a sensitive nature when working through escalations
- Fostering sound relationships with others is necessary
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and task prioritizing, organization, problem solving, and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
- Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks
- Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.