Company: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority
Title: Dispatch Clerk
Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package including free employee health insurance, paid-time-off (PTO), paid holidays, and KPERS retirement benefits.
- Assist in the daily operation of transit services by scheduling, assigning, and dispatching bus operators.
- Coordinate radio traffic.
- Report service data and prepare required reports.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and courteous customer service for all transit services.
The full-time shift for this position is Mon. 4:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. and Tue. – Fri. 4:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. The starting pay for this position is $15/hour. Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Download an application & characteristic survey at www.topekametro.org under the Careers tab & submit by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person. Applications can also be picked up or dropped off at either location:
Topeka Metro Admin. Office 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
Quincy Street Station 820 S.E. Quincy St. Topeka, KS 66612
FAX: (785) 233-3063
- Ability to project a positive courteous, patient, and helpful customer service attitude when dealing with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail, sometimes in stressful or adversarial situations.
- Excellent oral, written, and personable telephone and radio communication skills.
- Ability to analyze critical situations and make prompt and effective decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of Topeka streets and locations.
- Ability to read and understand maps and directions.
- Experience using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook with the ability to learn scheduling software and other technology as needed.
- Previous dispatch or customer service preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly desirable.
- HS diploma/GED.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Drug Free Workplace and EOE.