Company: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority
Title: Bus Shelter Custodian
This position is responsible for removing trash and cleaning all Topeka Metro bus shelters.
Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package including free employee health insurance, paid sick/vacation/holidays, and KPERS retirement benefits.
The current shift for this full-time position is M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and pays $14.29 per hour.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and post offer functional employment test.
Download an application & characteristic survey at www.topekametro.org under the Careers tab & submit by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person. Applications can be picked up or dropped off at either location:
Topeka Metro Admin. Office 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
Quincy Street Station 820 S.E. Quincy St. Topeka, KS 66612
FAX: (785) 233-3063
- Ability to work and drive company truck in inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform daily assigned tasks independently without close supervision.
- Ability to work at the required pace to complete work within the scope of proper time standards.
- Ability to lift trash bags out of trash cans and load into back of truck.
- Valid KS Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- High school diploma/GED.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.