Kaw Valley Bank
Non-Exempt, Full-Time or Part-Time
The Teller position is primarily responsible for meeting Bank customers’ needs for paying and receiving transactions, along with cultivating relationships through promotion of various bank products. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities and work schedules.
- Assists customers with various transactions, including checking and savings account withdrawals, deposits, transfers. Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, issues receipts and answers questions regarding accounts and other bank services.
- Receives loan payments, verifies that payment equals the amount due and issues receipts.
- Processes checks, deposit slips, and other material after verification of signatures and customer balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc., to determine negotiability.
- Balances the currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of shift according to established schedule and performance standards. Completes daily cash reports through the bank’s operating computer program.
- Explains and cross-sells products and services to current and prospective customers. Remains current on the latest products and services. Identifies sales opportunities and refers business to proper department.
- May be required to open checking, savings, CD, or IRA accounts.
- Six (6) months of experience with cash handling and/or customer service.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Work involves standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing 20+ pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Employee Benefits Include:
Paid Sick/Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(K) with a Match plus more.
Please apply at: https://www.kawvalleybank.com/about/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.