Missouri Primary Care Association ["MPCA"]
Director of Communications
Monday through Friday
Senior Director of Operations
Eligible for Remote:
Jefferson City, MO [on-site]/Remote
The Director of Communications will develop the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate MPCA’s mission. The Director of Communications will work closely with the Senior Leader Team within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the MPCA communications plan in collaboration with the MPCA Senior Leader Team.
- Leads the generation of content including but not limited to external communication including newsletters, news briefs, website and social media platforms.
- Puts communication vehicles in place to create awareness with the health centers and communities regarding MPCA’s quality initiatives and legislative initiatives.
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues faced by the members. Works with the Senior Leader team to recognize internal and external communication opportunities, and defines and executes appropriate strategies to support them.
- Coordinates website maintenance, ensures that new and consistent information is posted regularly and timely.
- Manages development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, board reports, annual report, and MPCA’s website.
- Responsible for editing all MPCA written material, focusing on quality and content.
- Develops, implements and adheres to the communications budget.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field that ensures excellent writing and editing skills that conform to nationally-accepted journalistic style.
- Three or more years of experience in communications or public relations demonstrating writing and editing experience covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and external facing communications, with experience in health care or non-profit preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Ability to create and work within a yearly, quarterly and project budget.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the appropriate audiences through the best communication channels.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new ideas and initiatives.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a professional manner that supports the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of MPCA and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to learn additional software applications.
- Ability to self-motivate and thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality requirements, as well as utilize good judgment in the preparation and distribution of confidential information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Performing physical activities which require considerable use of your arms and legs for moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and handing of materials.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Job duties will be performed either from a remote office location or onsite, at the Jefferson City, MO location.
- Travel will be expected in and outside of Missouri.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.