Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Extended hours, as necessary.
The Facility Technician position is responsible for the maintenance of the building and surrounding grounds at the Capper Foundation (Capper). This position contributes to the quality appearance of the facilities and the safety of Capper assets, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to dusting, mopping and buffing floors, and vacuuming and cleaning the carpets.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom floors and fixtures.
- Cleans accidents throughout the facility both human and mechanical.
- Performs landscape duties which include, but are not limited to mowing, trimming, hauling dirt and edging.
- Mops the locker rooms and pool deck and vacuums the pool floor, as needed.
- Assists with daily pool chemical monitoring and charting, as scheduled.
- Washes the inside and the outside of the windows.
- Assists with the daily laundry which includes washing and drying materials, as needed.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Moves and assembles office furniture and assists with requests for assembly or repair of program equipment.
- Stocks custodial supplies through the facility and alerts the Facilities Director when supplies are low.
- Shovels snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spreads salt in those areas.
- Operates vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, table saws, and lawn care equipment.
- Mechanical duties which consist of automobile, wheelchair, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning repairs.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in the field of general maintenance is required.
- Must have valid Kansas Drivers License.
- Pass a drug screen and background checks per agency procedures.
- General knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, electrical, auto, janitorial and yard work.
- Be able to lift eighty (80) pounds.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, crawl and walk frequently.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, reach and use hands.
- Work in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat or bitter cold.
- Be able to work from six-foot ladder and scissor lift extensions up to twenty (20) feet.
Maintenance will be exposed to a combination of client service and office environments. Regular exposure to dust, odors and noise common. May be exposed to body waste and odors. Regular exposure to persons with intellectual, developmental and behavioral disabilities. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is provided (i.e., safety glasses and protective gloves).
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employee is required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor