Director of Corporate Relations
KHA’s Mission: To be the leading advocate and resource for members.
President and CEO (KHA)
Generally 8 hours per day per schedule, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p. m.
Starting at $60,000 - negotiable based on experience
KHA has a bonus opportunity for this position of 6.5%. We pay a significant portion of a family health insurance plan, 100% of a family dental plan, 100% for life and disability coverage, and we contribute 8.5% of salary to a retirement program.
The Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for serving KHA and its members by providing executive support for the President and CEO as well as KHA senior leadership team while delivering friendly customer service and focusing on KHA’s mission and goals of the association.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Supports the President | CEO and the senior leadership team
- Supports the KHA Executive Committee, KHA Board of Directors and the KHSC Board of Directors
- Supports KHA policy groups in area of responsibility including the Governance Committee, Audit & Finance Committee, Quality & Patient Safety Committee, Hospital Physician Leadership Committee and others as assigned
- Plans and coordinates logistics for annual joint KHA/KHSC board retreat.
- Coordinates and plans the KHA Executive committee attendance at the AHA Annual meeting.
- Coordinates and manages the KHA Board roster, board meetings, and maintains the appropriate files including minutes, etc.
- Regularly interacts with hospital and health system executives as well as KHA/KHSC board members
- Assists in establishing member relations and engagement with hospital leaders
- Coordinates new member contacts and orientation to KHA
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of KHA members, sponsors and external partners
- Coordinates board dates for KHA entities
- Provides leadership and guidance to the KHA Administrative Professional Staff
- Supports the KHA Convention through the coordination of registration and plans the awards luncheon by coordinating awardees, presenters, and awards
- Responds in a timely manner to membership inquiries
- Maintains list of active interim CEOs
- Supports and serves as a liaison for KHA allied organizations HVK and KAHVRP
- Manages the production and distribution of the HVK annual roster, attends board meetings, and coordinates the HVK newsletter
- Identifies and implements solutions to problems in general and urgent matters for KHA members
- Provides information and responds to requests from KHA members and state officials
- Coordinates all staff and vice presidents/director meetings
- Coordinates KHA board accommodations and catering needs, KHA Governance committee, KHA Annual Meeting and convention registrations and mailings
- Oversees the KHA phone and reception duties
- Performs initial interviewing of operational staff applicants, as needed
- Manages office coverage for vacations and illnesses
- Creates, prepares and delivers reports to stakeholders, as necessary
- Maintains files and distributes mail for areas of responsibility, as necessary
- Reports and monitors budgets for assigned area of responsibility, as needed
- Recommends policies and procedures as it relates to area of responsibility
- Continuously reviews, edits and approves outgoing documents
- Actively seeks to add and enhance knowledge regarding developments and current trends in the health care industry that will serve KHA’s business needs
- Works collaboratively with KHA staff to maintain a team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support KHA and affiliates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED is required; Bachelors’ degree is preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in executive administrative support experience is required
- At least two (2) years of office experience preferred
- At least three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Microsoft Suite applications preferred
- Association experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage work effectively and efficiently to accomplish tasks while managing multiple projects at the same time and delivering friendly service
- Must possess at least a basic knowledge of the health care delivery system
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations in a variety of formats
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and body language)
- Valid driver’s license for travel is required
- Creativity and innovation with the ability to plan strategically
- Ability to problem solve rationally and with common sense
- Proficient math skills (basic math principles, computations and interpretation of graphs)
- Software knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Suite products, Financial software, superior Excel skills are required
- Knowledge of electronic scanners and general office equipment
- Presents self with professionalism while representing KHA at events (local, state and national events)
- Must have the ability to respect diversity and individual needs
- Lift and move items up to fifty (50) pounds
- Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on the computer for hours at a time and concentrate on detailed information.
- Bend, kneel and reach items with use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Must be able to speak and listen effectively
- Vision abilities for close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Professional office setting with little discomfort due to such factors as noise, heat, dust, or other adverse factors
- This is a non-smoking work environment, including all premises and other such areas
- Travel is required, along with that entails standard travel risks
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the team member holding this position. Staff is required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related responsibilities as requested by management.