Director of Operations
Oversees the Collection Department to ensure goals are set and consistently maintained. Interviews prospective candidates and supervise department training for all Collectors. Communicates with the Sales and Marketing areas as well as Berlin-Wheeler, Inc.’s Clients.
- Foster a positive and professional learning and working environment for all staff.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures that reflect compliance and operational requirements related to Collections.
- Manage all audits as it relates to department and company needs.
- Identify causes of performance deficiencies within teams and execute improvement plans, corrective actions, or ample recognition.
- Provides communication and reports to senior management detailing department goals, forecasting, objectives, and plans for meeting these items including updates at a minimum four times a month during our weekly senior leadership meeting.
- Ensure timely completion of reports, records or other documentations requested or required from departments to team.
- Approve hiring and own succession planning for the department assessing staffing requirements and advising when positions need filled to HR.
- Provide additional leadership to department personnel through effective objective setting, delegation and communication ensuring all staff is informed of changes in programs, policies and procedures.
- Participate in design of call monitoring formats and quality standards.
- Conduct performance appraisals for all staff in a reporting role including but not limited to measurable feedback and suggestions for improved performance.
- Communicate with all staff, clients, and consumers in a professional and compliant manner addressing any questions or concerns.
- Manage effective internal controls for all departments managed.
- Participate in the assessment of initial training and general learning needs of staff with new hires meeting performance standards within two (2) weeks of completing the training program.
- Build employee morale through creative means not limited to contest based on department goals and objectives.
- Stay aware of changes within department scopes such as regulatory or company needs.
- Continuously evaluate processes for improvement on meeting goals and objectives.
- Manage calling projects and campaigns for optimal results utilizing reports, trends, and knowledge boosting success while meeting all client needs.
- Maintain and organize commercial records.
- Preserve a clean, secure, and well-maintained work environment for staff.
- Handle department scheduling for task efficiencies and meeting department goals.
- Assist front line staff with difficult cases, recommend techniques, and handle calls as needed.
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to escalated customer issues in addition to general escalated issues.
- High School diploma required. College education, preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer care processes and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to learning styles to meet the client’s and Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. needs.
- Thorough knowledge of Telecommunications Industry and Collection Call Center practices and procedures.
- Proficiency with computers including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful completion of Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. new hire orientation and training.
- Minimum of five (5) years collections experience, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience, required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills including maintaining effective working relationship across all levels of BW and with our clients.
- Excellent leadership, human relations abilities, listening, technical and analytical skills.
- Broad based knowledge of business environments.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks within deadlines and thrive in a high paced growth company with constant change.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential environment while being flexible, self motivated, and outstanding time management
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.