Company: Mainline Printing, Inc.
Job Title: Press Operator, 2nd/3rd Shift
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Production Manager
The Press Operator is responsible for the set-up, operation and maintenance of a new 2023 Komori 8 Color UV + Cold Foil Press.
- Performs standard set-up, maintenance and operation of the press; optimizing press for maximum efficiency, including compliance with equipment specifications, safety and company procedures.
- Reviews and coordinates job requirements with our client specifications to ensure the highest quality work.
- Performs press checks including effective and clear communication with customers and/or sales representatives.
- Helps develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for job-related functions, processes, and/or recommend method efficiencies and process improvements.
- Operates presses and production equipment according to safety policies, procedures and safety rules; including the use of appropriate safety equipment. Maintains a safe working environment at all times.
- Participates in safety training to learn about new equipment and/or supplies.
- Reviews material safety sheets (MSDS) for products used in work assignments; stores, labels, handles and prepares chemicals for disposal according to state and federal hazardous waste handling regulations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Interaction with external and internal customers, including disgruntled customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.