CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Senior Manager Trust Investments
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends as needed
The Financial Advisor is responsible for activities to promote growth of the Investment Group and to accomplish management’s objectives of attracting new business and expanding the acceptance and influence of the Investment Group.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reaches Sales Goals Through Managing Personal Activity
Builds and Maintains Outstanding Bank and Branch Relations
- Sells insurance and investment products such as annuities, mutual funds, life insurance, and long term care insurance
- Has a strong desire to build a fee based investment advisory business based on sound fiduciary principles
- Refers banking products to banking product account executives
- Sets goals with supervisor on both direct sales and referrals and achieve those goals
- Manages weekly activity: prospecting, appointment levels and selling levels
- Maintains clean sales practice and ensures all actions conform to bank plans and policies
Builds and Maintains Great Customer Service
- Motivates and encourages staff positively to gain confidence and obtain referrals
- Reciprocates with bank/branch staff on referrals; Ensures all investment customers have an account with the bank
- Communicates with staff and branch managers individually and through staff meetings
- Assists in training the staff both one-on-one and through meetings
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Builds long-term relationship with customers
- Finds assets for future business
- Ties into good bank-branch relations
- Provides excellent customer service and contributes toward meeting the bank’s mission
Two years of investment-related sales experience strongly preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Series 6 and 63, 65, or 66 securities licenses preferred
- Series 7 securities license preferred
- Will be required to pass and obtain the Series 7 license
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature when working through escalations. Fostering sound relationships with others is necessary.
Values and Competencies
- Intermediate ability with office equipment and software including Microsoft Suite, Morningstar experience with financial planning software helpful but not required, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and identify, research and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to interact with co-workers, dealers, and customers in a highly professional manner
- Ability to listen effectively, learn quickly and organize work
- Ability to shift quickly to new tasks when priorities change
- Deal effectively with diverse group of personalities
- Highly effective telephone skills in prospecting and communication
- Recognition of client’s needs and best interest as priority
Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Values of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum performance requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.