Greater Topeka Partnership
Monday through Friday with occasional evening hours
: Reports to the Senior Vice President, Economic Development
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support to the Economic Development and GO Topeka staff in all duties pertaining to the successful operation of the Partnership. Additionally, the role provides clerical support for the GO Topeka Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant is expected to have a positive interface and high service orientation with all contacting the Greater Topeka Partnership (“GTP”) and staff, whether in person, over the phone or by email.
- Answers phones, refers calls to appropriate staff and responds to general information questions. Provides directions to locations throughout the community.
- Responsible for developing and issuing documents and presentations, internally and externally, that are timely, accurate and complete.
- Supports internal and external organizations, councils, committees and task forces that are integral to the function and success of the GTP.
- Inputs and mails/e-mails correspondences; maintains, monitors, and updates files and records for the GO Topeka.
- Prepares meeting notices and agendas, tracks reservations and makes travel arrangements, when needed.
- Records and maintains the minutes of GO Topeka Board of Directors meetings, and audit committee meetings, sends out meeting notices, agendas and tracks reservations.
- Prepares orientation manuals for GO Topeka board member orientations.
- Coordination of GO Topeka Board and officer nominating committees.
- Management of farm and pasture leases of GO Topeka owned industrial property.
- Prepares payment on property taxes on GO Topeka owned property.
- Supervises landscape and lawn care maintenance of commerce parks.
- Assists in the compilation of all quarterly reports and summaries to the City, County, and Joint Economic Development Organization (“JEDO”).
- Assists the staff members on any event or function by keeping records of attendance, money received, and meeting preparation, including but not limited to, setting up meeting rooms, beverages, and lunch or dinner arrangements.
- Assists with delivery and pick up of materials as requested by the Directors and other staff members to carry out administrative duties.
- Complies with the policies of GTP.
- Complies with the Ethics Policy of the International Economic Development Council.
- Assists in other areas as necessary, and carries out other assignments as may be directed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma is required. Some post-secondary education and/or training is preferred.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Strong computer and word processing skills, in particular with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with staff, the business community and business prospects.
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to details and quality of work produced.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and organization of work load.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) lbs.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events required.
- Resident of Shawnee County, Kansas.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.