Kaw Valley Bank
The Teller position is primarily responsible for meeting Bank customers’ needs for paying and receiving transactions, along with cultivating relationships through promotion of various bank products. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities and work schedules.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Greet all customers as they enter the Bank or drive up. In the event a customer is needing services other than tellers, assist and direct them to the appropriate bank employee.
- Assists customers with various transactions, including checking and savings account withdrawals, deposits, transfers. Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, issues receipts and answers questions regarding accounts and other bank services.
- Receives loan payments, verifies that payment equals the amount due and issues receipts.
- Processes checks, deposit slips, and other material after verification of signatures and customer balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc., to determine negotiability.
- Monitors and maintains a minimum but adequate drawer supply of currency and coin. Maintains security of teller cash.
- Balances the currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of shift according to established schedule and performance standards. Completes daily cash reports through the bank’s operating computer program.
- Explains and cross-sells products and services to current and prospective customers. Remains current on the latest products and services. Identifies sales opportunities and refers business to proper department.
- May be required to open checking, savings, CD, or IRA accounts.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Ability to operate computer and 10-key calculator with high accuracy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and otherwise communicate with customers in English.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Must demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude, and follow policies and procedures.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, or equivalent, with 6 months cash handling in a retail environment and completion of in-house Teller training.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Kaw Valley Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer