National Association of Trailer Manufacturers
Non-Exempt, Part Time
The Administrative Assistant handles the administrative responsibilities for all National Association of Trailer Manufacturer’s (hereinafter “NATM”) programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative functions of NATM.
- Performs routine administrative functions including: answering the telephone and directing calls; opening and distributing mail; handling all UPS shipments and outward-bound mail; making copies and sending faxes.
- Assists in maintenance of all NATM records, a significant portion of which are kept in the NATM membership database.
- Processes decal orders, to include keeping track of eligibility for compliance decals and tracking serial numbers and inventory.
- Assists the Membership team with the Membership Program, including processing membership applications, creating member files, sending out membership information and other duties as may be assigned by the Membership & Events Director.
- Provides administrative support to the Compliance department related to recordkeeping.
- Provides support for the NATM online store, interacting with customers, tracking inventory, and filling orders.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive or Assistant Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- One Year of related experience and/or training; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills including knowledge of database, Internet and Microsoft Office Software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Exhibit confidence in leadership and motivate others to perform well.
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures while working within the approved budget.
- Ability to make decisions while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to set goals and objectives with the motivation to overcome challenging obstacles.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Occasionally sit
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally travel
- Professional environment in an office setting; and
- Interaction with staff and customers.