National Association of Trailer Manufacturers
Non-Exempt, Part Time
The Administrative Assistant handles the administrative responsibilities for all National Association of Trailer Manufacturer’s (hereinafter “NATM”) programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative functions of NATM including: answering the telephone and directing calls; opening and distributing mail; handling all UPS shipments and outward-bound mail; making copies and sending faxes.
- Assists in maintenance of all NATM records, a significant portion of which are kept in the NATM membership database.
- Processes all product orders and tracks inventory, including those submitted through the NATM Online Store and NATM decal orders, to include keeping track of eligibility for compliance decals and tracking serial numbers and inventory.
- Assists the Executive Director with running reports and routine list cleaning in excel.
- Assists with the Membership Program, including processing membership applications, creating member files, sending out membership information, cleaning addresses, and other duties as may be assigned.
- Provides administrative support to the Compliance department related to recordkeeping.
- Provides support for the NATM Bookkeeper/Office Manager in filing member renewals and event registrations.
- Responsible for the orderly appearance of the NATM office including the kitchen and supply closets.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive or Assistant Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- One Year of related experience and/or training; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills including knowledge of database, Internet and Microsoft Office Software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Exhibit confidence in leadership and motivate others to perform well.
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures and working within the approved budget.
- Ability to make decisions while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to set goals and objectives with the motivation to overcome challenging obstacles.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Occasionally sit
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Professional environment in an office setting; and
- Interaction with staff and customers.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned; but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.