Greater Topeka Partnership
Vice President of Resource Development
Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours
Executive Vice President
The Vice President of Resource Development is responsible for developing and implementing programs, projects and activities designed to drive investment for the Greater Topeka Partnership (“GTP”).
- Drives investment through capitol and sponsorship campaigns, membership sales and retention, and events.
- Creates, implements and directs annual sponsorship campaign plan.
- Directs relevant capitol campaigns including scheduling of investor asks.
- Develops and implements programs, projects and activities designed to consistently elevate the perceived value of the GTP.
- Prepares the annual budget to implement the approved revenue plan to ensure the GTP budget objectives are met.
- Interacts on an on-going basis with a broad spectrum of the membership to: determine satisfaction levels; suggest new services and programs to maintain or increase member satisfaction levels; and address any member attrition concerns.
- Travels to current and prospective member locations to ensure total client satisfaction and to increase GTP visibility through direct sales, cold calling and business-to-business marketing visits.
- Serves as a key member of the management team within the organization. Participates (with Board of Directors and other team members).
- Advises members and officers of any GTP updates regarding their area of concern and reports all activities to the EVP.
- Alongside events department, leads Business to Business Expo, Business After Hours, and other events designed to increase visibility for member investors.
- Acts as staff liaison for the monthly Membership 101 program.
- Works with the Vice President of Marketing on member marketing enhancements.
- Works with the Vice President of Communications on member communications.
- Attends member ribbon cuttings and events.
- Always represents the GTP professionally and positively.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Five (5) years of sales and/or membership experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to demonstrate high level customer service and hospitality best practices.
- Valid driver’s license required for moderate local travel (40%) to various client and business-related locations.
- In-depth knowledge of Topeka and Shawnee County business community required.
- Experience with CRM platforms.
- Strong computer and word processing skills, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze data or information by identifying the underlying principles, reasons or facts.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients and the business community.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and organization of work load.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as word processing, filing, faxing and processing paperwork.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, e-mail and mail, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to fifteen (15) pounds.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events required.
- Ability to travel to client and business locations, as needed.
- Resident of Shawnee County, Kansas.
To apply for this position, please address a cover letter to Brett Oetting and include a resume detailing professional experience and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with community and Chamber members, as well as staff.