Chief Strategy Officer
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or similar schedule)
Who We Are: Community Care Network of Kansas
Community Care Network of Kansas (Community Care) strives to assure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state and federal levels. We partner with other health care providers, foundations and individuals to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Primary Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
The Program/Training Assistant provides administrative support to Community Care Directors and for Community Care training events. Time division between the two roles is 50/50. As support for Directors, this position requires timely execution of documentation, assistance with program level planning and follow up, and scheduling/meeting support. Training responsibilities require the ability to organize and prioritize to ensure timely and quality completion of events/activities, meeting objectives and achieving established outcomes. Essential skills necessary to this position are communication, organization, critical thinking, time management, and teamwork.
- Provides administrative support to Community Care Directors. Includes managing travel arrangements and reimbursements; scanning documents, managing schedules; filing documents; transcribing meeting notes; researching topics relevant to work product; assisting with data entry; and learning data use tools to gather data and run reports
- Serves as back-up to the Administrative Assistant to answer phones, greet visitors and provide administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer
- Assists Resource and Training Specialist with Capital Investment Grant (CIG) Program:
- Reviews proposals, maintains forms and processes, and proposes and receives input from internal Community Care team on how to improve the program
- Assists in the planning, organizing and execution of training activities and events
- Coordinates with program directors, specialists, and other team members to develop training objectives, research and secure training locations and vendors, complete training request forms, identify speaker(s) and create agendas
- Coordinates with the Resource and Training Specialist to:
- Creates an annual training calendar, with updates completed at least quarterly
- Drafts and distributes training and development communications materials
- Secures event invoices and ensures all are paid within thirty (30) days of the event
- Prepares training materials prior to each event or training; e.g., nametags, sign-in sheets, training material, presenter evaluations, etc.
- Orders, inventories, and assembles event gifts, drawing and giveaway items
- Identifies, catalogues, and promotes training and technical assistance resources
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of an information repository on the Community Care website
- Maintains sponsor, exhibitor, member engagement, and evaluation database(s)
- Serves as back-up to Executive Assistant and Grants Coordinator, as needed
- Participates as an active member of the Community Care team by developing an overall breadth of knowledge involving Community Care activities and by working together to develop cooperative programs
- Develops a well-rounded understanding of the Community Care membership
- Participates in special events
- Attends executive, leadership, staff and other meetings, as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Community Care Directors
- High school diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree desired
- At least five (3) years of professional work experience required
- Passion and commitment to improving health and social justice; experience working in/with a community health center or other non-profit clinic environment preferred
- Ability to promote a professional and positive appearance and work environment
- Detail oriented; strong work ethic; and ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, multi-faceted, fast-paced work environment; ability to work effectively with multiple individuals
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills; willingness to seek input regularly for process improvement
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, required; electronic marketing platform, webinar and meeting hosting platform, and project management software desired: or willingness to learn
- Unrestricted driver’s license required
- Ability to travel as needed within the state of Kansas
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in verbally and in writing through in-person, virtual, or other communication vehicles
- Regular in-state and out-of-state overnight travel required
- Professional, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this position description at any time. The position description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow Community Care policies and procedures and maintain a professional personal appearance and workspace. Employees are required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the employee’s supervisor.