CoreFirst Bank & Trust
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Manager of Loan Servicing & Collections
Topeka, KS [Headquarters]
The Manager is responsible for the daily success and operational functions of the Loan Servicing Department and the Loan Funding Department. Responsible for directly supervising the Loan Servicing Department and the Loan Funding Department working to support, develop and coach employees. The Manager oversees all loan servicing and funding processes and procedures for consumer, commercial, participation and residential real estate loans.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervises, trains, educates and ensures job quality and performance of all Loan Servicing and Loan Funding personnel
- Ensures the daily balancing of the Bank’s Loan Portfolio for all loan types (consumer, commercial, participation and real estate)
- Responsible for the essential reporting of but not limited to: 1502 SBA Reporting, E-Oscar Credit Bureau Disputes, SWAP Loans and Non-Accrual/Impaired loans
- Daily Tasks
- Balancing Loan General Ledgers and DDA’s for Servicing and Funding
- Fund and Service Commercial, Consumer, Participation and Real Estate loans
- Including but not limited to: making payments, assisting customers on the phone, balancing, disbursing loan proceeds, and working with external 3rd parties
- Fund and Service all Non-Accrual / Impaired Loans
- Track and Process Negotiable Collateral
- Resolve E-Oscar Credit Bureau Disputes
- Problem Solving and Issue resolution for all Loan Servicing and Loan Funding situations
- Supervisory Duties
- Responsible for interviewing and selection of staff, training, 90 day and annual performance evaluations, coaching, development, performance monitoring, salary review, disciplinary actions and terminations; partners with Human Resources for assistance when necessary to ensure policies and procedures and employment laws are followed accordingly
- Serve as a mentor and role model for staff to create a motivating environment
- Develop/Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)for internal and external customers; measure quality assurance of the SLAs
- Complete time and motion studies and track issues log spreadsheets
- Provides back-up coverage for all positions in Loan Servicing/Loan Funding Departments as well as the Manager of Loan Servicing and Collections during paid time off
- 5 years of Loan Servicing experience
- 2+ years of Loan Funding experience
- Prior lending experience in consumer, commercial or real estate lending or loan processing/loan administrative experience
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Ability to work with, lead and consult with all levels of staff and management including executives
- Able to challenge the status quo to ensure the bank does not incur unnecessary monetary risk
- The ability to perform responsibilities in a fast-paced and requirement-laden environment with precise accuracy
- The ability to demonstrate the highest level of customer service, confidentiality and discretion internally and externally
- Strong strategic, problem solving skills with the ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- An innate ability to understand very complex processes and systems, intuitively understanding how they work and how they can be improved
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values: Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demanding deadlines
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills/proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask multiple processes at once while maintaining a high level of accuracy with each
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected. Branch Network Personal Bankers may travel to outer market locations occasionally, but overnight stays are not expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines..
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
- Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks
- Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.