CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Application Specialist Supervisor
Initiates, monitors and controls electronic processes
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Process daily teller work received through Branch Capture:
- Key information in rejected fields
- Balance transactions
- Work with branch personnel to resolve balancing issues
- Process daily image files:
- Process incoming files from various vendors and customers
- Process outgoing files to the Federal Reserve Bank and Credit Card vendor
- Log and verify totals of incoming and outgoing files
- Contact vendor support if problems arise
- Start and monitor jobs per daily operations checklist
- Monitor hardware and report problems to supervisor; Monitor software processes and report problems to supervisor, on-call person, or vendor support
- Run and monitor end of day and overnight processes for core banking systems, when needed
- Stay current on new programs, updates and/or changes and assist with software testing
- Adhere to CoreFirst policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- One (1) year of related experience
- Basic computer knowledge, and operations experience or general accounting knowledge, preferred.
High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work late nights
- 10-key skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Travel is not required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.