Hamilton, Wilson & Hendrickson Orthodontics
Orthodontic Lab Technician
The Laboratory Technician maintains and improves patient’s oral health by fabricating fixed and removable appliances according to orthodontist’s prescriptions.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Constructs appliances by following the orthodontist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth; detailing model & make any fine tooth movement prescribed by the doctor; fabricate appliance on machine; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient's mouth by the provider.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, wire bending, and sandblasting; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
- Order and track all appliances sent to outside labs requested by doctors.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess documentation skills.
- Must possess verbal communication skills.
- Must possess ability to pay attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop and use hands and fingers to grasp and feel.
- Is required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently.
- Vision requirements include: peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Activities including sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.