Kansas Funeral Directors Association
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
The Kansas Funeral Directors Association is a trade association representing funeral homes, funeral directors and embalmers across the state of Kansas.
- Administrative experience
- Excellent communication skills as well as good telephone etiquette
- Computer skills and experience is necessary
- Familiarity with programs such as Quickbooks, Excel, InDesign, Wild Apricot or similar programs is important
- The ability to work independently and multi-task
Salary and Benefits
- Bookkeeping - Responsible for basic accounting responsibilities including writing checks, depositing funds and creating invoices for association. Requires basic knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Maintain Membership Data Base – knowledge of Wild Apricot, Excel, and some Microsoft Access is preferred.
- General Typing & Office Support – Prepares files and handouts for all board and committee meetings, seminars, and convention & trade show. Create brochures and flyers for seminars and conventions. Prepare bulk mailings. Requires knowledge of Microsoft office programs and InDesign. Use of mail machine and bulk mailing requirements is a plus.
- KFDA Journal – Responsible for typing articles, layout of our monthly magazine (placing articles and advertisements on pages), yearly renewals of advertisers. Requires knowledge of InDesign.
- Convention – Acts as convention registrar, prepares convention brochure and maintains registration lists. Position requires limited travel once a year.
- Receptionist – Responsible for answering phone, screening calls and greeting visitors to office.
- Website- Update and maintain information on website and send out blast e-mails.
- Miscellaneous – Building maintenance, dealing with tenants and any other task requested by Executive Director.
This is a full-time position. Salary based on qualification and experience. Benefits include vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance and optional participation in Simple IRA.
To apply send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Pam Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.