Established in 1951, McElroy’s has developed into a premier Mechanical Contractor and Facility Services company. For nearly 70 years, our company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and plumbing systems that serve healthcare, industrial, commercial, education, entertainment & hospitality, government, and science & laboratory facilities.
Our offerings have grown over the years, but we still operate under our founding principles: Treat every customer and employee with respect and do the job right. The right way and for the right reason. Earning and maintaining your trust is our most important job.
This position is responsible for pricing work orders and materials for McElroy’s departments and related functions such as data entry of pricing information. Also prices items for walk-in customers as needed.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Education or Certifications:
- Prices work orders.
- Sort work orders as they come in by date, oldest to most recent. Consult sources such as rate books, manuals and spreadsheets to determine specific charges.
- Refers to a labor sheet to determine labor costs of work orders.
- Determines if work order has any special instructions or pricing by communicating with department heads.
- Prepare itemized statements and add in any parts used on job, after they are priced. Verify accuracy and revise any errors.
- Post data to MAS 90 system.
- Handles any internal questions about pricing information on work orders.
- Prices job materials and retail sales items.
- Determines cost from manuals and computer data.
- Other tracking
- Enters purchase orders into computer system.
- Performs cost and material data entry duties.
- Creates close out reports twice a month.
Relevant Years and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s degree in business field or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred
- 1-2 years accounting systems experience
- 1-2 years office administration experience
- 1-2 years experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience with accounting software systems (such as MAS90,Quickbooks or other accounts payable and receivable software)
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Manage competing demands
- Handles delays or unexpected events with professional behavior
Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, the equivalent of Level 1 placement on the Physical Capacity test administered by KBIWCF. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
McElroy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. McElroy’s Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: Email firstname.lastname@example.org