First Presbyterian Church of Topeka
Non-exempt, Part-time (10 hours/week)
Sunday through Friday, mutually agreed upon times
Pastor/Head of Staff
The Videographer works closely with the pastors, staff, and church leaders to plan, livestream, record, edit and post online, video content related to worship and other church activities. The Videographer's responsibilities include ensuring that the necessary video equipment is available for use, assisting other camera and sound operators during worship, and editing video footage for later viewing.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge, creativity, visual and verbal abilities, and the skills needed to excel in video production. They must be a self-starter who can strengthen our online user experience and grow our online presence. The prospective individual must also be an efficient organizer, planner, and manager of time.
- Livestream Sunday worship each week in the sanctuary.
- Ensure that equipment for livestreaming/recording is present and working.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers for livestreaming and recording of special church services and church activities.
- Edit video in post-production and upload for broadcasting online and on television.
- Work with other video and sound volunteer operators to capture needed video footage.
- Work patiently and professionally with church members, remembering they are volunteers.
- Associate’s level degree in a creative field, such as journalism, or related field. Proven work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Proficiency with video editing software such as Adobe and Filmora.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with video and photo camera equipment.
- Outstanding organizational abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Trustworthiness, reliability, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Commitment to uphold and work within the policies and procedures of the First Presbyterian Church of Topeka, KS, which is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail, and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional environment in the church office
- Interaction with staff, members and visitors
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee (s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.