Kansas Dental Association ["KDA"]
: Publications/Communications Coordinator
Regular business hours and as needed
: $44,000-$48,000 a year
Statewide professional association located in Topeka, Kansas seeks Publication and Communications Coordinator to assist with the coordination and implementation of communications strategies and clerical needs for the association and advancement of its goals through media, publications, and the internet.
- Coordinates content, layout, and design of written materials including brochures, newsletters, and other publications.
- Designs, creates and uploads website content and materials using WordPress and/or other platforms.
- Manages, solicits and reviews website content to ensure the website’s effectiveness as a resource and advocacy tool.
- Uses social media including Facebook and Twitter, as part of KDA’s brand management and client interaction.
- Maintains knowledge of current media trends including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Manages email and event campaigns using Constant Contact or similar platform.
- Participates as a liaison, organizer, or presenter in outreach events involving providers, stakeholders, constituents and beneficiaries of KDA.
- Ensures compliance with various and specific branding guidelines and expectations.
- Represents KDA in the community by participating in community events to help build a positive image and strong relationships.
- Assists with preparations and staffing for KOA events.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university is required, with a preference for degree in: business writing, communications, graphic design, or other related field.
- At least three (3) years of full-time clerical or administrative experience supporting an organization.
- Has experience in corporate communications/marketing with excellent written, verbal, grammar, and editing skills.
- Possesses technical skills in word processing, spreadsheet and database management, and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro.
- Has knowledge of photography, video production, and photo/video editing.
- Has a general knowledge of database management and information systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Personable and pleasant with colleagues, members, and industry partners.
- Have integrity, professional discretion, and ability to handle confidential matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.