KFMC Health Improvement Partners
Health Quality Data Analyst
Member of the External Quality Review Organization (EQRO) Team. Primarily responsible for analytic functions in support of health care program evaluation, including quasi-experimental studies; validation of performance improvement projects, performance measures, surveys and network adequacy. Participates in project design, analysis, and writing of reports, submitted to state and federal agencies, that assess quality, timeliness, and access to care provided to members enrolled in Medicaid managed care organizations.
- Serve as data analytic lead to project teams, as assigned, conducting/coordinating analytic activities (e.g., data cleaning, data comparisons, statistical testing, trending, geographical mapping, etc.), thorough process documentation, dissemination of valid information, team meeting attendance, milestone and deadline timeliness. Prepare accurate tables, charts, graphs and technical summaries for presentation.
- Serve as the team lead, as assigned, for quality review projects (e.g., survey validation, network adequacy validation, performance improvement project validation).
- Contribute statistical and analytic expertise and knowledge, formulating questions regarding the data, designing analytic plans, participating in problem solving, using sound clinical principles and research methodology.
- Review studies, surveys, improvement projects, case records, and performance measures to assess for statistically valid and reliable results, and to assess the interpretation of results.
- Analyze reports and data; prepare and maintain all project documentation.
- Analyze complex issues and assist in synthesizing results to key findings for a non-technical external audience.
- Prepare written reports in accurate and professional-looking format for presentation to both internal and external customers, within designation deadlines.
- Assist other EQRO Team members with completion of projects, as assigned.
- Keep EQRO Team informed of all activities within areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the operations of the EQRO Team.
- Share knowledge gained at conferences, seminars, etc., with other members of the team.
- Identify topics that improve the knowledge base of self and other EQRO team members.
- Monitor in collaboration with other analysts, an inter-rater reliability process to ensure results produced are accurate and complete according to customer expectations.
- Contribute to the achievement of organizational and work team goals by demonstrating awareness of KFMC values.
- Graduate of four-year college or university with a degree in a field related to statistics, mathematics and/or qualitative methods in the health sciences is required.
- Master’s or doctoral degree related to statistics, mathematics and/or qualitative methods in health sciences, with background in epidemiological concepts is preferred.
- Significant experience may be substituted for some portion of the educational requirements.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an information systems environment, including using PC applications for data manipulation is required (e.g., tables, charts, graphs, geo mapping, etc.).
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with computer-based statistical applications is required (e.g., SAS, SQL, Fisher’s Exact, Pearson Chi-Square, Mantel Haenszel Chi-Square, Logistic Regression, etc).
- Educational background in study methodology is preferred.
- Analytic relevant experience in a behavioral health, physical health, or long-term services and supports (LTSS) related field; knowledge of Medicaid and/or managed care organizations is preferred.
- Ability to convey highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement techniques, research methodology and principles of epidemiology.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (i.e., public-presentation, conference calls, and report writing).
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis, with minimal supervision, and complete final project reports by prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel as directed by position requirements.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with EQRO team, members of other KFMC teams, State staff, and MCOs.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.