Kansas Children's Discovery Center
: Engagement Coordinator
Full-time, Wednesday-Sunday and includes some evenings.
The Kansas Children’s Discovery Center in Topeka, Kansas is looking for a friendly and organized
multi-tasker to join our museum team. The Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting an
environment that inspires discovery and joy for the thousands of children and former children who
visit the museum from all over the world.
- Proven customer service skills
- Proven administrative skills;
- Technologically skilled in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and basic familiarity with or willingness to learn customer retention software and point of sale software;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities with multiple deadlines;
- Experience working with a diverse group of people;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, in working with both internal and external audiences.
- Cash handling experience;
- Proven experience in and passion for guest experience and operations;
- Ability to pass a physical examination, background check and pre-employment drug and
- alcohol screen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors.
The Discovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at
Considering relocation? Visit https://choosetopeka.com/
for tons of reasons to make Topeka