CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Director of Trust & Investment Services
Topeka, KS [Headquarters]
Trust Officers must achieve specific performance objectives relative to personal sales volume and service quality. Trust Officers contribute to the development and retention of customer relationships by providing consistently high quality customer service. Trust Officers contribute to the profitability and growth of CoreFirst Bank & Trust by meeting customer needs through referring consumer and business banking products to new and existing customers according to our mission statement and performance objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Administers personal trust, investment agency accounts, and probate accounts
- Develops new business by personally calling on customers, prospects, and centers of influence to achieve profitable volume in the following trust functions:
- Personal trust accounts (Living and Testimony)
- Agency Accounts (Custody and Investment Management)
- Maintains and monitors for maximum profitability consistent with quality service, fee schedules of specific accounts and various types of business
- Reviews and recommends acceptance or rejection of various types of trust business
- Is active in the community serving on boards, public speaking, and maintaining relations with CPA firms, law firms, and life underwriting agencies
- Plans and implements seminars, workshops, and other events in order to generate profitable trust business
- Attends the following committee meetings:
- Trust Investment Committee
- Board of Directors, Trust Committee
- Trust Staff
- Directly supervises a Trust Assistant and contributes to their growth and development, documents performance, and writes performance appraisals
- Three to five years of trust or related experience required
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to interact effectively with customers, employees and management are essential
- Strong ability in CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies: Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Work must be completed with quality and accuracy
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks, and follow through in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to attract and retain trust and investment customers
- Ability to write routine reports and business communications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, employees, and management
- Understanding of basic investment and financial concepts
- Maintain a general knowledge of trust law, income and estate taxes in investments and insurance products
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
- A significant level of trust is required as this position is exposed to sensitive and confidential information which cannot be shared outside of the Department. Diplomacy, courtesy, and tact is required. Demonstrated ability to foster sound professional relationships with customers and management is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to customers and other employees. Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting, constant hand motion, and occasional standing/walking. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Travel is negligible, primarily local during the business day although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and must submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.