Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA)
Senior Director of Operations
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Jefferson City, MO [on-site]
The Senior Director of Operations is responsible for the overall Management and oversight of MPCA’s day-to-day business activities. The Senior Director of Operations is responsible for providing leadership and vision for the operations and administration functions and reporting transparency of MPCA.
- Manages all of the administrative and finance team members
- Establishes schedule and procedures for job duties, coverage, etc
- Oversees building maintenance including contractors (landscaping, cleaning services, etc.)
- Ensures MPCA’s building, holdings and intellectual property is secured with building security, alarm systems, and information technology programs and hardware.
- Oversees all Telecommunications devices and programs (Telephone system, copiers/fax, etc)
- Manages and oversees the processes and procedures of internal communication and external communication.
- Maintains email listserves.
- Oversees the finance department operations.
- Serves as MPCA contact and oversees employee benefits management, including working with partners and brokers.
- Establishes internal human resources policy and procedure, including updates to the employee handbook as needed.
- Manages grant reporting process for Bureau of Primary Health Care PCA cooperative agreement.
- Manages all contracts and agreements.
- Oversight for all training and technical assistance, including new hire procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in management is required.
- Working knowledge of current accounting standards and systems, computer system operations, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimum instruction or supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including data collection and analysis is required with a strong knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to travel locally, within the region, and nationally to attend meetings either by personal automobile and/or plane as necessary.
- Must have a valid Missouri Driver’s License. Must be able to use own automobile and have all liability and other automobile insurance as required by law.
- Prior experience in consulting activities which include communicating, listening, researching and developing ideas and relationships is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of MPCA.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to work in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and prioritize individual workload responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn additional software applications.
- Ability to self-motivate and thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality requirements, as well as utilize good judgment in the preparation and distribution of confidential information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Performing physical activities which require considerable use of your arms and legs for moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and handing of materials.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Job duties will be performed onsite, at the Jefferson City, MO location.
- Travel will be expected in and outside of Missouri.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.