Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA)
Director of Training and Technical Assistance
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Senior Director of Operations
Jefferson City, MO [on-site]
The Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA) is a non-profit organization, which explores and implements activities aimed at providing and promoting high quality, accessible health care services to underserved urban and rural populations in Missouri.
The Director of Training and Technical Assistance is responsible for the development and overview of the use of training programs within MPCA, and to FQHC. This role will constantly be applying new ways and metrics to help staff and members to better develop and understand training material and support training needs.
Training and Technical Assistance:
- Coordinates and consults with MPCA staff: develops, coordinates, and facilitates training sessions on a wide variety of topics relevant to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC).
- Participates and facilitates trainings; oversight of logistical and A/V support.
- Conducts annual (and as needed) T/TA survey/needs assessments.
- Monitors FQHC HRSA operational site visits and summarizes results to identify training needs.
- Maintains an annual training work plan.
- Plans and supervises the MPCA Annual Conference.
- Maintains all CE activities such as CPE, CME, CEU, and other CE for members.
- Organizes the annual MPCA Clinical Quality Awards.
- Develops and monitors MPCA educational/pre-event reporting database.
- Provides quarterly reports at MPCA staff meetings and CHC Board of Directors Meeting.
- Coordinates MPCA role-based Learning Networks - maintain FQHC contact list.
- Coordinates (in conjunction with VP of Strategy) regarding the MPCA Emergency Response Preparedness Planning Learning Network.
- Assists with MPCA CFO and COO Network.
- Assists with grants management.
- Manages coordination and oversight of the MPCA Cooperative Agreement work plan.
- Participates on the MPCA safety committee and organize and monitor annual training for MPCA staff such as CPR, fire/tornado/earthquake drills.
- Represents MPCA as invited and directed with external organizations.
- Completes other tasks and responsibilities as requested and directed to meet the needs of MPCA members.
- Bachelor’s degree by an accredited University.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Training and Assistance preferred.
- Solid written, verbal and computer skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel (day and overnight).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to create, modify, or monitor projects to best meet the needs of membership and other clients, and to meet program objectives.
- Ability to work in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all health-related and technology professionals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and prioritize individual workload responsibilities.
- Ability to learn additional software applications.
- Ability to self-motivate and thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality requirements, as well as utilize good judgment in the preparation and distribution of confidential information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Performing physical activities which require considerable use of your arms and legs for moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and handing of materials.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Job duties will be performed onsite, at the Jefferson City, MO location.
- Travel within Missouri is expected and may require overnight and weekend travel.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.