Typically forty (40) hours per week between 7:00am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 12:00pm Saturday, other hours as needed
Retail Manager, Branches
Johnson County - KS
Manages a designated branch to achieve established production and other goals
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Manages day-to-day branch operations, including scheduling staff
- Directly manages and motivates branch staff to create a team environment
- Responsible for continued training and ongoing staff development, including regular coaching sessions and branch staff meetings
- Responsible for branch sales process including new banking accounts, loan applications, and referrals
- Manages in accordance with Retail Essentials and Branch Audit Program
- Tracks progress towards and achieves branch sales performance goals
- Conducts performance appraisals, salary reviews, and employee counseling
- Assists in interviewing and hiring Personal Bankers and Lead Personal Bankers
- Partners with Human Resources and Retail Operations Management to carry out disciplinary action, including terminations, as needed
- One (1) to three (3) years of supervisory or lead work experience
- Two (2) years of banking or retail sales experience, with supervisory experience included.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Work involves interactions with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature when working through escalations.
- Additional skills include developing relationships, motivating, influencing, and training others.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when handling complex situations.
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
- High level of skills in the CoreFirst Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Approachable and caring, with strong ability to relate and empathize.
- Sales and marketing awareness and aptitude. Goal-oriented, strong initiative, and ability to delegate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
- Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks
- Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.