Grant Financial Specialist
Full Time, Non-Exempt
DCCCA’s Department of Accounting and Finance is expanding their team and recruiting for a Grant Financial Specialist. The Grant Financial Specialist will assist program staff with grant management duties and will be responsible for financial, accounting, and grant support services to ensure accurate and reliable data is available. Successful candidates have a strong sense of mission, placing a high value on putting their skills to use to make a difference in our communities. We are looking for individuals that produce consistent, accurate, high quality, detailed work. If you would enjoy working with an established accounting and finance team and an opportunity to learn from experienced team members, please apply!
Founded in 1974, DCCCA is a strong, stable, private non-profit that has grown to 240 employees in nine locations throughout Kansas and Oklahoma. DCCCA has been accredited by the Council on Accreditation since 2007. DCCCA exists to improve lives and change legacies. The Behavioral Health program provides residential and outpatient treatment for substance abuse, as well as outpatient mental health services across the state of Kansas. Our treatment teams use only the best practices in their work and approach treatment from the perspective of trauma informed care. Our programs support individuals overcoming years of struggle, giving them tools and opportunities to live healthy lives and manage challenges in a new way.
DCCCA offers a flexible work schedule and excellent work-life balance. We are a diverse group of individuals, serving diverse clients and families. Join us!
To apply, visit: www.DCCCA.org/careers
- Reviews financial and other system inputs relating to grant-related activity for appropriateness and compliance, understand and satisfy specific grant requirements including match and sub-recipient monitoring as required.
- Calculates and records overhead allocations, inputs billings into the accounts receivable system, reviews and reconciles accounts receivable.
- Prepares monthly or other periodic interval billing reports based upon requirements; ensures accurate and timely submission of billings.
- Prepares monthly grant budget monitoring procedures including internal grant compliance reviews.
- Performs pre-grant and post-grant functions. Reads RFP and awards to ensure compliance.
- Develops and maintains effective electronic data base and filing systems to track and maintain documents.
- Coordinates audit process relating to grants. Prepares DCCCA’s Schedule of Federal Expenditures (SEFA) maintains and provides appropriate documentation for the various federal awards, maintains master listings of grant awards, CFDA numbers, periods of performance, and amounts of revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares compliance testing samples and other lead audit schedules and reports as needed.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations for each grant or contract, maintain expertise with the OMB circulars and other regulatory publications.
- Prepares, obtains, organizes, reviews, and distributes budget related reports for agency grants for pre award or budget revisions.
- Analyzes operating results and computes project costs, compares actual costs to budget estimates and analyzes variances and develops budget analysis reports and provides recommendations to management.
Some of our benefits include:
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, preferred.
- Two years’ experience with all aspects of federal grant financial management, required.
- Class C driver’s license with clear driving record and current automobile insurance, required. Approval by DCCCA’s auto insurance provider to drive company and personal vehicles on DCCCA business, required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the federal Uniform Guidance regulations, as well as the ability to research accounting grant-related issues and questions.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft suite. Proven ability to create and manage spreadsheets with tables, pivot table functionality, and charts and graphs to illustrate financial reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and collaborative interpersonal skills.
DCCCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and tobacco and drug-free workplace.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 403(b) with Company Match
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave, including 3 “Self-Care” days
- 10 Paid Holidays, including 3 “Choose-Your-Own” holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- 529 Educational Savings Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Wellness Program
- Business Casual Attire with Jeans Days
Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, reference checks, and drug screening is required. DCCCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco and drug-free workplace!
To apply, visit: www.DCCCA.org/careers