Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation
Annual Giving Coordinator
Requires evenings and weekend hours
Development Director, Annual Giving
The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the design and execution of the overall annual giving plan for the Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation including coordination of all annual giving channels. Responsibilities include but are not limited to direct mail solicitations, email solicitations, call center for both Washburn University and Washburn University School of Law, text campaigns, day of giving campaign, impact campaigns and student philanthropy. This position is also responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding high-end annual giving prospects and donors. Ongoing activities include growing participation among alumni and other constituencies, increasing philanthropic support and boosting donor recruitment and retention through market segmentation strategies and techniques.
The individual will work closely with Development, Engagement, Alumni Association and Data Management teams to support the overall engagement plan of the Alumni Association and Foundation and maintain consistency with the organizations messaging.
The Annual Giving Coordinator will establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with co-workers and University partners while representing the Foundation in a positive and professional manner.
This position works a non-traditional work schedule during the fall and spring calling session. During Washburn University and Washburn University School of Law call center solicitation weeks, the Annual Giving Coordinator will work a modified schedule to be present during calling hours in the evenings and afternoons which currently include Sunday afternoon and four mid-week evening shifts.
Major Duties Include:
- Develops, coordinates, and implements effective annual giving communication and solicitation strategies based on best practices to achieve established fundraising goals.
- Oversees the general operations of the entire calling program, including hiring, training, supervising calling shifts, motivating callers, developing segments and coordinating scripts, establishing calling schedules and managing computer database files.
- Generates regular reports, analyzes progress, and adjust strategy as needed to ensure the effectiveness of the annual giving program.
- Works in conjunction with Alumni Association and Foundation staff to coordinate appeals, campaigns, and communications in making projections for the annual giving campaign goals, setting the calendar of calling for the year, and determining the schedule for special campaigns.
- Works closely with the Development Director, Annual Giving and Data Team to ensure efficient operations, recordkeeping, and documenting information in the database.
- Actively cultivates, solicits and stewards high-end annual giving prospects and donors by:
- Researching prospects.
- Conducting assessment, solicitation and stewardship visits and phone calls
- Communicating results of prospect visits to appropriate personnel and documenting information in the database.
- Conducting ongoing stewardship activities to further enhance the relationship between donors and Washburn University.
- Establishes goals, objectives, and procedures related to leadership giving to support overall fundraising goals.
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Represent the Foundation in a professional and diplomatic manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in communications, marketing, public relations, non-profit or related discipline required;
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experiences in higher education preferred;
- Intermediate to advanced skills required in Microsoft Office software, specifically MS Excel and Word with the ability to perform mail merges and manipulate data in Excel;
- Required to work flexible schedule during fall and spring semester calling sessions;
- Exceptional writing and editing ability required;
- Ability to use content-management system(s) preferred;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred;
- Graphic design experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Washburn University and its programs preferred;
- Ability to understand and work with data to drive strategy;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Attention to details and results oriented;
- Ability to take initiative to build strong donor relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills;
- Ability to coordinate processes and solve problems;
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Blackbaud NXT, Raiser’s Edge, RNL Engage, RNL Scalefunder/Impact experience preferred;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Positive, professional attitude and a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly;
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to read computer screens and mail;
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting;
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample and three professional references.
Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation is committed to building a community of support to continuously strengthen Washburn University and enhance the educational opportunities and experiences of our students. We build life-long partnerships with alumni and friends, and secure, invest, and steward private financial support.