CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Commercial Credit Analyst II
Director of Credit Administration
Topeka, KS or Lenexa KS
**$500 sign on bonus for new hires**
Responsible for conducting high-level analyses of commercial/business loans
Reviews credit data to evaluate commercial/business loan requests in order to approve or deny applications and review existing credit relationships for ongoing credit worthiness. Analyzes sources of financial information to determine potential risks of a loan. Prepares written credit presentations for submission to Officers and committees.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analyze and interpret financial and other credit related information to assess the financial condition and risk of financing requests, to include commercial, construction, real estate and consumer, within the framework of the Bank’s credit standards. Applies accounting acumen and financial expertise to spread all types of financial information using financial software and interpret the resulting financial metrics used in the credit decision process.
- Able to use independent judgment in the identification of key strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of credit types
- Understand the different types of financing products available and how they are used to need a borrower’s needs
- Assist in the preparation of credit presentations through formal written financial analysis, industry peer analysis, collateral analysis, gathering relevant market data, personal credit report analysis, and any other analysis deemed appropriate for the request
- Follows Bank policies and procedures
- Assists in training more junior Credit Analysts in the interpretation of financial statements, the technical aspects of the analysis of financial statements, global cash flow analysis, etc.
- Provide quality service to internal customers through undertaking risk assessment analysis of various types of lending proposals
- Possesses a working knowledge of CreditQuest software which is used by the bank to perform analysis and prepare credit submissions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience
- Experience and training in financial statement and tax return analysis
- Basic knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate, and consumer lending
- Thorough understanding of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow as well as the ability to analyze and interpret the content
- Basic knowledge of state and federal loan regulations and Bank lending policies
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing deadlines with limited supervision and significant analytical thinking
- Dedicated, goal oriented, and an energetic self-starter
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values: Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is negligible
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.