CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Director of Business Banking
Topeka, KS | Lenexa, KS | Denver CO
**$500 sign on bonus for new hires**
Responsible for retaining and expanding existing bank relationships and soliciting new business from prospective customers.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Call on existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development calling program
- Make cold calls to establish new business for the bank
- Document calls and results and provide weekly reports of calls to Director of Business Banking through Connections
- Meet with customers or prospects to discuss their needs, outline appropriate company services to generate fee income, and resolve problems as necessary
- Actively pursue Commercial Loan Prospects and gather the necessary documentation required for Commercial Lender Review
- Establish customer need for investment products and make referrals to our Trust and Investment Department
- Establish priorities and prepare itineraries
- Prepare and complete signature cards and resolutions
- Review files and other records for business development leads
- Compile and analyze statistics pertinent to the company’s and branch’s business development program and make recommendations or suggestions as appropriate
- Represent the company in various community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business
- Attend monthly Business Banker meetings
- Achieve and maintain general knowledge of all aspects of the bank and our services in order to cross sell products and answer customer questions
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ sales experience, preferred
- Banking experience, preferred
- Knowledge of bank products and services, preferred
- Customer service experience
- Ability to meet sales and service goals and call volume established by Director of Business Banking
- Detail, goal and solutions oriented
- Must be a self-starter with a creative approach to selling
- Ability to relate and empathize with people
- Listening, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills with the ability to perform effective presentations in front of small and large groups
- Proven time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values: Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability
- A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
Must demonstrate effective oral and interpersonal communication skills and perform presentations well in front of small and large groups. Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately. Ability to relate to and empathize with people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.