Prairie Band, LLC
Production Manager - New Business
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation (Holton, KS)
The Production Manager is a very organized and detail-oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. This individual will be an integral part of our team and will play a key role in ensuring that our products are designed and built on time and on budget with best in class efficiency, performance and product quality.
- Assists with specification, scale-up and design of process equipment.
- Supports commissioning and installation of new and retro-fit equipment and processes.
- Participates in cross-functional validation teams to complete validation of process equipment.
- Creates production SOPs.
- Works collaboratively with the process engineering team on new and improvement projects. Plans, executes and completes assigned projects
- Assists with analysis and interpretation of process and manufacturing data to identify opportunities for improvement project, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduce product loses, enhance manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improve product quality, safer operations, and improve environmental compliance.
- Supports the process engineering team’s efforts to actively seek out best manufacturing practices through internal and external benchmarking.
- Participates and provides technical support to operating personnel on manufacturing, packaging, material handling, cleaning, and processing operations – including troubleshooting equipment and process problems encountered during production.
- Travels as required to support other PBLLC initiatives.
- Tests and calibrates machinery. this will include decortication machine (stripping fiber from stalks), conveyor systems, and hammermill operations. Work with and supervise small crew in the processing of industrial hemp.
- Responds to all production staff questions, concerns and suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Performs other duties as assigned. .
- Must possess three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a process/manufacturing industry.
- Must possess three (3) to five (5) years of experience in engineering project management, GMP environment preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Must possess ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong communication skills, with an emphasis on technical writing skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong time management skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
- Must possess experience with tanks, pumps, valves, hydraulics, motors, VFDs, mechanical and industrial equipment, high speed packing equipment, instrumentation, electric motors, and filtration systems.
- Must understand basic electrical and mechanical systems and functions.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, articulate and must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be punctual and reliable, promoting an atmosphere of teamwork, enthusiasm and positive work ethic.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned area.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Indian Preference Exercised:
Prairie Band, LLC is subject to Title 22: Employment Code of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation. Preference will be given to individuals to the extent required pursuant to Section 22-2-4(B).