Company: Plainscraft LLC
Position Title: Internal Sales Specialist
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | Shift can vary
Reporting Relationship: CEO/Sales Manager
Location: Topeka, KS
Plainscraft LLC produces and sells covered wagons to the hospitality/glamping industry. The wagons resemble the old Covered wagons that were used to carry people and freight in the 1800’s. They are sold to RV parks, resorts, dude ranches and other hospitality businesses that rent them out for overnight accommodations. The beautiful wagons often contain bathrooms, heat and air conditioning and are large enough for king beds, bunk beds and other furniture. We are a growing, Topeka Kansas company currently seeking a highly motivated sales oriented professional who is capable and interested in taking on more responsibility as the company grows.
The Internal Sales Specialist is a critical inside sales position in the Plainscraft family creating ongoing relationships with Plainscraft clients. This position will support the Sales Manager and Sales Team with lead support, presentation assistance and assists in sales activities. This position will report to the CEO/Sales Manager to assure sales quotes are met and administrative tasks are completed. This position will also curate and cultivate a positive working relationship with Plainscraft clients from prospects through the project process and beyond.
- Nurtures warm marketing qualified leads, prepares quotations and closes sales.
- Assists in prospecting and qualifying new sales leads.
- Tracks all sales activities in company CRM.
- Assists with the Plainscraft Company Brand, including: Social Media campaigns, database management, trade shows and other marketing campaigns, as needed.
- Creates, plans, and delivers presentations on company products.
- Coordinates with other team members to optimize the sales effort.
- Closes sales and hands off information to production team.
- Submits client paperwork and updates the client as needed during the project build.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer/ Sales Manager with the overall operational needs of Plainscraft.
- Coordinates the Plainscraft company calendar, schedules meetings with prospect clients, and manages the calendar of the CEO.
- Coordinates all activities associated with special events and trade show participation by the company.
- Travels to and participates in tradeshows.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Answers phone calls and directs calls to appropriate parties or takes messages.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Plainscraft.
- Practices excellent listening and communication skills to assist clients through project updates, troubleshooting issues, and questions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; College degree or post-secondary education or training is preferred.
- Three (3-5) years of experience in a similar sales role.
- Three (3-5) years of experience in a similar role handling executive administrative tasks is preferred.
- Experience working in/with a production environment preferred.
- Be able to explain product and service specifications clearly and concisely.
- Experience in assisting a sales team, and some sales experience, required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office, Social Media platforms, and meeting hosting platform.
- Proficiency or high aptitude to learn HubSpot, and other CRM systems, as needed.
- Ability to promote a professional and positive appearance, demeanor, and work environment.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills; willingness to seek input regularly for process improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, up-sell and create a positive customer experience.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally.
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations.
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in writing, video conferencing and in-person meetings.
- Ability to lift or have the ability to utilize reasonably available resources to maneuver, up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Regularly required to speak and hear, sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel and walk.
- This position may travel to visit clients.
- This position will travel to trade shows.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level.
- Interaction with staff, clients, and the public.
- Occasional travel required to visit clients.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.