Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit customer service to our community. Topeka Metro is seeking candidates for a full-time Dispatcher to schedule daily operator assignments, book paratransit trips, and provide bus route & service information to the public via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Ability to clearly articulate services and information at the level of understanding of each recipient.
- Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a professional, courteous, patient, and helpful demeanor towards the public and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively over a digital radio system.
- Excellent knowledge of Topeka streets and locations.
- Ability to read and understand maps and directions.
- Experience using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook with the ability to learn scheduling software and other technology as needed.
- Previous dispatch or customer service preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math skills and cash handling techniques.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly desirable.
- HS diploma/GED.
Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package including free employee health insurance, paid-time-off (PTO), paid holidays, and KPERS retirement. Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Submit cover letter, resume, three references, and an applicant characteristic survey to:
Address: Topeka Metro 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
FAX: (785) 233-3063
Website for characteristic survey: www.topekametro.org/careers
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Drug Free Workplace and EOE.