Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Chief Risk Officer and Board
The BSA Officer is responsible for the bank’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Responsible for the bank’s compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), anti-money laundering, and counter-terrorist financing obligations.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day BSA/AML compliance, manage all aspects of the BSA/AML compliance program and manage the bank’s adherence to the BSA and its implementing regulations;
- Provide analytic support for the business activities of CBW Bank by analyzing business, compliance and financial information on customers (companies and individuals) with respect to BSA/AML compliance;
- Ensure overall bank documentation and file administration is complete and consistent with the BSA.
- Ensure that bank staff receive appropriate training commensurate with the BSA responsibilities of the positions, and that staffing levels are adequate to cover BSA monitoring and internal control responsibilities.
- Monitors transactions to ensure proper documentation, compliance and internal controls with respect to the BSA.
- Create, implement, and maintain appropriate transaction monitoring to ensure compliance with the BSA.
- Ensure appropriate, timely and correct processing of SAR and CTR filings, and 314a and 314b requests.
- Prepare memorandums and other bank documents in an accurate and timely manner for management, the board of directors and internal recordkeeping. Organize and format reports for distribution.
- Reconcile and analyze accounting and compliance data in relation to the BSA function. Implement appropriate internal controls to ensure compliance with the BSA.
- Create and maintain program documentation.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, or required to ensure compliance with the BSA.
- Experience with analyzing and monitoring high risk businesses.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, finance, legal studies, or related fields, or work experience/ certifications demonstrating knowledge and expertise in the field of BSA AML compliance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers and colleagues in English.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.