Florence Crittenton Services
Director of Development and Marketing
Florence Crittenton, Topeka, KS
The Director of Development & Marketing will be the front-line fundraiser responsible for developing strategies to secure annual, planned giving, and donor directed gifts. You personally manage and develop a prospect portfolio aimed at increasing support of Florence Crittenton mission and programs. In addition, you will help to build and manage Florence Crittenton’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization and elevate the agency’s standing in the community.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Develops comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans and objectives in conjunction with the Leadership Team with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines.
- Writes, submits, and secures general operating and capacity building grants. Writes and submits the associated grant reports.
- Pursues and facilitates program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend Florence Crittenton’s brand and increase avenues of support.
- Plans, supervises, and grows Florence Crittenton’s individual giving programs
- Manages major gifts and planned giving programs, including identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Creates a donor stewardship plan. Implements strategies to form strong relationships with donors and keep them informed on how their financial contribution is being utilized.
- Collaborates across departments to brand and promote programs, series, events, and notable achievements across multiple platforms.
- Directs the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as press releases, newsletters, and publications (print and digital) and ensures the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets such as letterhead and logos. Updates style guide as needed.
- Represents Florence Crittenton in community opportunities and outreach events that elevate Florence Crittenton’s profile and brand awareness.
- Supports program expansion efforts through marketing and community partnerships.
- Plans and hosts small events (tours, open houses, coffee hours, retreats) to cultivate relationships and expand our circle of key community supporters.
- Works with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop strategies and programs to elevate the position of the agency in the community.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Director and implement initiatives identified in the work of that committee.
- Provides coordination and leadership for all major agency events.
Other Job Functions:
- Create reports to analyze and measure the progress towards the fundraising goals and the fundraising campaigns’ effectiveness .
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all fundraising activities and contacts with donors.
- Complete all required grant reports.
- Maintain website content and serve as an administrator on social media platforms.
- Report directly to Chief Executive Officer.
- Support leadership and staff in special projects.
- Remain current on any regulations and/or guidelines applicable to the activities of the position.
Education and Experience:
- Completes administrative projects for leadership and staff, as requested.
- Ensures that documentation trail meets requirements of funding sources as well as regulatory and accreditation bodies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in fundraising, marketing, communications, or business field; or
- 4 years of experience in developing and implementing a fundraising and/or marketing program for a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of best practices in fundraising procedures
- Creativity to market through a variety of strategies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate, build, and nurture relationships with others through excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to tell the story of the agency through a comfort with public speaking
- Knowledge of the Topeka community and culture (preferred)
- Regularly required to see, hear, and/or talk.
- See well enough to read reports, monitor youth, drive a vehicle, and observe discreet behaviors.
- Hear well enough to converse on the telephone and hear comments mumbled under breath.
- Speak well enough to teach skills, give feedback, discuss strategies and converse on telephone.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Remain awake and alert throughout the work shift.
- Frequently required to lift and move up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally required to lift and move up to 25 lbs and 50 lbs with assistance.
- Bend, stoop, and/or reach as needed.
- Satisfactory level of dexterity to complete various tasks including, but not limited to, operating a computer keyboard, cooking or driving. Ability to read computer screen and mail.
- Type - conferences, seminars, meetings, trainings or off-site marketing activities.
- Qualifications – valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Florence Crittenton Services of Topeka, Inc. is an employer-at-will.