Chief Operations Officer
DCCCA exists to provide social and community services that improve the safety, health, and well-being of those we serve. DCCCA is a stable, private, non-profit organization, led with integrity, compassion, and innovation for more than 45 years. Our values
set us apart as a leading social service provider. We believe in the families we serve, and we believe in the families of our employees. DCCCA team members enjoy coming to work each day, taking pride in knowing that there is a greater purpose in what they do. At DCCCA, we provide relationship and hope. We believe there is no greater calling.
With one of the best reputations in the state for being a high-quality substance use disorder provider, DCCCA’s Behavioral Health program uses only best practices and approaches treatment from a trauma informed care perspective. DCCCA provides residential and outpatient mental health services and treatment for substance use disorder across the state of Kansas. Residential services include a designated women’s program with on-site childcare. The Behavioral Health program includes two residential and four outpatient facilities in Wichita, Lawrence, Pittsburg, and Pratt, Kansas.
For more information about DCCCA, please visit www.DCCCA.org
DCCCA seeks a collaborative, self-directed leader to serve as Chief Operations Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will join a team of compassionate individuals who are motivated by DCCCA’s mission of providing social and community services that improve the safety, health, and well-being of those we serve
. This is a salaried position, full-time, on-site, responsible for directing a team of approximately 20 employees through 5 direct reports.
Working at DCCCA means devoting time and energy to serving others. In turn, the health, well-being, and work/life balance of our team members and their families is of the utmost importance. DCCCA offers a competitive benefits program that reflects our mission and values and supports the growth and well-being of our team members.
Education and Experience
- Oversees agency Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, and Quality Improvement functions.
- Guides and directs management in the planning, development, production, oversight, and financial aspects of the division including delegating day to day oversight to division management
- Acts as part of the Executive Team, engaging and encouraging engagement in agency wide efforts
- Coaches and develops the team to ensure they are delivering against key business metrics
- Looks for methods to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity; reduce costs; and increase and diversify revenue.
- Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the agency and insure excellent client service
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team that includes Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, and Quality Improvement functions
- Work autonomously while ensuring CEO expectations are readily met and exceeded.
- Develops and manages division budgets within established targets
- Understands systems level work and shows ability to intervene within systems to make change
- Develops and implements procedures to promote communication and adequate information flow throughout the division and across divisions
- Collaborates with other divisions to design hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and reports findings to the Chief Executive Officer
- Ensures the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are well defined and understood
- Monitors and implements department development initiatives to expand the scope of organizational activities
- Possesses analytical capabilities to assess staff, policies, & develop plans
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study (public administration, business, finance, human resources, health care, social work), required. Equivalent experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5+ years senior management experience, including operations/financial management experience, required.
- 5+ years of substantial progressive leadership and management experience in health care or nonprofit setting, preferably with multi-site responsibility.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar and comfortable working with range of computer software and hardware. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel helpful, due to substantial work replying upon Excel for day-to-day administration.
- Mission-driven and embodies DCCCA’s values of:
- Providing education and services based on research and a dedicated commitment to improving lives.
- Valuing the people and communities we serve by respecting their experiences and treating them with dignity.
- Encouraging leadership by challenging existing conditions and finding innovative ways to grow and learn.
- Delivering high quality services every day and holding ourselves accountable for outcomes.
- Strong personal value system of integrity, honesty, work ethic, and moral character.
- A trauma-informed bridge-builder with an affinity for social services, particularly culturally diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Engages in leadership activities, including developing leadership within the program.
- Focuses on conflict resolution and fosters healthy work relationships.
- Highly collaborative and promotes a positive work environment. Values diversity and recognizes the value in different perspectives and experiences.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization skills.
- Analytical and data driven.
DCCCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, reference checks, and drug screening is required.