TBS Electronics, Inc.
Inside Sales Representative
Full-Time, Commission based
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to customer inquiries about products as well as handling and resolving customer complaints. This position maintains and develops the TBS Electronics customer base and sales volume.
- Maintains and supports the TBS Electronic customer base and sales volume.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifies sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, and providing technical information and explanations.
- Expands the company presence in the assigned territory.
- Generates referrals and leads from existing customer and prospect database.
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history, suggesting related and new items and explaining technical features.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax and e-mail inquiries and by verifying and entering information.
- Updates customer and prospect information in the CRM contact management system.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date and explaining stock-outs.
- Maintains communication equipment by troubleshooting, reporting and tracking problems.
- Answers customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and credit terms.
- Meets all sales objectives and handles all aspects of completing a sale including paperwork.
- Collaborates with TBS staff to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Engages in technical discussions with potential clients through demonstrations and presentations.
- Keeps Management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the President.
- A HS Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work-related experiences in sales is preferred. Willing to train the right person.
- Experience in a customer service environment and with customer management database system is preferred.
- Intermediate skills level required in Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of LRUS.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 30 pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as required by their supervisor.