Kaw Valley Bank
The Compliance Officer has the overall responsibilities for the planning, direction, implementation, monitoring, reporting, governance, and maintenance of the Bank’s compliance program. The incumbent will work with all departments to ensure that the needs of the organization are met in their corporate and regulatory oversight responsibilities.
- Will be consulted regarding the development of policies and procedures for new regulations and products and any changes to same.
- Produces various tracking reports to evidence regulatory compliance.
- Works with all areas of the Bank to ensure an effective compliance program is in place at all times.
- Has the added specific duties of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer. Some specific responsibilities of the CCO and BSA Officer are defined below:
- Reviews policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the institution’s stated policies and procedures.
- Conducts or arrange compliance required training for Bank employees.
- Tracks regulatory proposals and final rules to gauge their impact to KVB
- Reviews all marketing material for compliance.
- Coordinates regulatory compliance examinations (both federal & state).
- Serves as liaison between bank and regulatory examiners.
- Monitors all complaints received by the Bank to determine if a compliance weakness is present.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Has superior and oral written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare coherent, cogent reports on compliance matters.
- Demonstrates ability to forge cohesive and effective working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results, prioritizes and resolves conflict when necessary, demonstrates strong organizational, analytical, and multitasking skills.
- Prepares and presents periodic compliance reports to the Board of Directors.
- Reviews and revises bank forms and disclosures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Works on special projects as requested by senior management.
- Responsible for coordinating and monitoring day-to-day BSA/AML compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring all BSA applicable reports are filed with the proper authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implements and maintains a BSA/AML risk assessment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of banking experience with a minimum of three (3) years in compliance.
Employee Benefits Include: Paid Sick/Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Health & Dental Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) with a Match plus more.
Please apply at: https://www.kawvalleybank.com/about/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.