Industrial Maintenance, Inc
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00, may vary
The Purchasing Coordinator will purchase and manage material supplies and should have experience with manufacturing and job shop industries. They will be responsible for managing IMI’s purchasing system, along with purchase order management and inventory systems.
- Responsible for negotiating with suppliers to obtain best pricing, payment terms, freight terms, quality assurance and on time deliveries.
- Prepares and facilitates purchases, bids, proposals, and quotes for all departments.
- Evaluate quotations, prepare reports, and spreadsheets related to purchasing function.
- Identify requirements to fulfill demand and plan purchase orders for all raw materials.
- Develop inventory plans to meet daily needs and problem solving of supply and inventory plan variances.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Be a liaison between suppliers, manufacturers, internal departments, and customers.
- Develop purchasing strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Work with management to determine the future value of suppliers by evaluating other opportunities including new product development.
- Provide monthly projected requirements for key materials and purchase as required.
- Process payments and invoices as needed.
- Maintain record of current and future purchasing plans for each product and review with management.
- 5-10 years of experience in purchasing, in the manufacturing industry with prior steel and metals buying experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Ability to complete work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Detailed oriented, highly adaptable, and possess the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Ability to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to lift up to ten (10) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with team members and clients in both remote and on-site locations.
- Occasional in and out-of-state travel with some overnight stays as needed.
- Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.