Company: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority
Job Title: Public Transit Bus Operator
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for part-time and full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package including paid CDL training, free employee health insurance, paid sick/vacation/holidays, and KPERS retirement benefits. Full-time bus operators are guaranteed 40 hours per week.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at www.topekametro.org under the Careers tab & submit by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person. Applications can be picked up or dropped off at either location:
Topeka Metro Admin. Office 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
Quincy Street Station 820 S.E. Quincy St. Topeka, KS 66612
FAX: (785) 233-3063
- Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
- Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts M-F and every Saturday.
- Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Steady work history with previous experience.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record.
- 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
First two-weeks of training: $14.45/hr.
After two-weeks of training: $18.06/hr.
6 months: $19.18/hr.
12 months: $20.32/hr.
18 months: $21.44/hr.
24 months: $22.57/hr.