: Kansas Masonic Foundation
: Accounting Manager
: Full-time, Exempt
: Executive Director
“Our mission is to encourage philanthropy from Kansas Masons, their family and friends, for charitable, educational and scientific programs.”
The Accounting Manager is responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze and maintain the financial records of the Kansas Masonic Foundation by collecting, recording, reconciling and summarizing financial information, entering data and preparing invoices.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and accounts payable and documents all business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret the current and projected company financial position for the Executive Director, Finance Committee Chairman and the Board of Trustees.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Acts as the custodian of corporate documents and records.
- Directs preparation and filing of corporate legal documents with government agencies to conform with statutes.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Works closely with the Finance Committee Chairman and the Executive Director regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and assists with preparing federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Enters accounting information into General Ledger and maintains all necessary accounting records.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Board of Trustees’ review.
- Reconciles checking accounts with bank statements.
- Assists the Executive Director with budget preparation.
- Tracks investment performance and reports the results to the Executive Director.
- Corresponds with Trust Beneficiaries and prepares Trust disbursements.
- Produces financial reports for Fundraising programs and other projects.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting required
- 5 years experience in accounting required
- Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting and investments (stocks/mutual funds)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop and implement cost saving measures while working within the approved budget
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Computer skills including knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Has working knowledge of Quick Books Accounting Software.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, talk on the phone
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting
- Interaction with staff and customers
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director.