Company: Kansas Optometric Association
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Job Classification: Part-Time (20-25 hours)
Work Schedule: Flexible work schedule, to be negotiated at time of hire
Hiring Range: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
Location: Onsite at KOA Office in Topeka, KS
The Accounting Clerk performs accounting transactions in QuickBooks and AMS system, such as posting to registers and ledgers, account reconciliation, verifying accuracy of accounting documents and codes, preparing vouchers, and journal entries. May also work with volunteers and members regarding invoices and receipts.
- Prepares and maintains accounts by reconciling balances, preparing journal entries, and maintaining journal entries by entering and editing data.
- Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, following policies and procedures and ensuring that all information is kept confidential.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting and summarizing account information.
- Maintains accurate account codes, completes financial transactions by accurately coding all revenues and expenses, preparing payments and deposits and obtaining authorizations.
- Performs general clerical functions which include scheduling, copying, faxing, data entry and filing.
- Answers incoming telephone calls for the purpose of screening and transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Reviews all work for accuracy and completeness, following up on all details as assigned.
- Processes and distributes mail items which include special delivery and overnight mail/packages, messages and packets.
- Greets employees, visitors and guests in person or via telephone for the purpose of providing information, taking messages and/or directing to appropriate personnel.
- Performs all tasks associated with a bookkeeper’s duties.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in Accounting or related field
- At least one (1) year of experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable is required.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filing, faxing and processing paperwork.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to professional integrity.
- Able to execute on multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities.
- Take initiative to work through issues without requiring constant supervision.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.