Company: JB Pearl Sales and Services
Job Title: Yard Technician and Driver
Job Classification: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Operations Manager
Location: Perry, KS
Salary: $40,000-$60,000 – negotiable based on experience
The Yard Technician and Driver is responsible for daily operations of company yard/warehouse and assisting customers and employees with product needs. They will also oversee the delivery of goods and services to an agricultural customer base using a company delivery truck. This position will be required to drive a forklift and assist with other warehouse duties, including maintenance and mechanics.
- Loads company and/or customer trucks for delivery to job sights and customer delivery locations in an accurate, professional and timely manner and in accordance with quality and safety standards.
- Drives company trucks to job sights and customer delivery locations in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs accurate loading and unloading operations of agricultural products and services as required.
- Assists machine applicators, drivers and customers in the loading of crop protection and crop nutrient products. Performs tendering duties properly and in accordance with job orders and delivery tickets.
- Supports machine operators with ensuring proper functionality of the application equipment and assists with any field repairs as necessary.
- Operates and maintains tendering equipment properly and in accordance with manufacture’s maintenance manuals and operator manuals. Monitors equipment for any fluid leaks. Reports maintenance and repairs needs to company mechanic.
- Assists machine operators with mixing of fertilizer and chemicals properly, accurately and in accordance with quality and safety standards.
- Maintains and submits accurate scale tickets and required paperwork to applicators and customers.
- Maintains working knowledge of tanks, pumps and valves of tender equipment.
- Fills out daily log form records completely and accurately per ICC regulations, performs pre-trip inspections in accordance with DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Reports any possible misapplication problems to Operations Manager.
- Ensures customers and company personnel are informed of safe product handling procedures where necessary. Refers all customer or citizen concerns to Operation Manager.
- Attends training meetings as requested.
- Maintains facilities, equipment, and warehouse as assigned. Reports any unsafe working conditions to Operations Manager.
- Maintains and utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the job and individual situations.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Performs warehouse work including driving loader, forklift, mechanics and maintenance.
- Must meet minimum age requirement of eighteen (18) years.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to earn and maintain Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Forklift driver certification.
- Knowledge and/or experience of agricultural equipment and operations.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to meet DOT and Company requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain consistently positive attitude and outlook.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands.
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience.
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals and fertilizer products.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Applicator’s Certification License.
- Farming background.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment.
- In Company trucks for extended periods of time.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous weather conditions on the road.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.