CoreFirst Bank & Trust
VP, Security Services Manager
Topeka, KS (Headquarters)
A Security Guard is primarily responsible for guarding and monitoring CoreFirst Bank & Trust Bank ("Bank") premises to ensure safety and security of Bank employees, customers, and property.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Monitors entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and customers to guard against theft and maintain security of Bank premises.
- Unlocks and locks all Bank doors and handicapped ramps.
- Circulates among employees and customers to preserve order and protect property.
- Periodically monitors parking lots and building surroundings.
- Escorts customers, as needed, to and from their vehicles.
- Writes reports, as needed, for irregularities during the day.
- Calls police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Warns people on premises of infractions, and evicts violators from premises.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks including, but not limited to:
- Picks up registered mail at the Post Office. Confirms registered mail.
- Delivers deposits to tellers for processing.
- Makes deliveries to Bank branches, as needed.
- May assist the Bank in the recovery of vehicles or information.
Twelve (12) months of experience in public safety preferred
High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and outside the Bank for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. High level of skill in the CoreFirst Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & TrustValues of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability
- High level of skills in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Must be able to qualify with a hand gun, and provide own weapon and ammunition with which to qualify.
- Must obtain Merchant Guard License within 30-60 days from starting the position.
- Must have the ability to anticipate or observe when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, and pass background investigation and drug screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to observe details from a distance and at close range. The employee is frequently required to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, standing, walking, and stooping.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates around a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.