Billing Coordinator, Adult Services
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Executive Vice President & CFO
The position of Billing Coordinator, Adult Services impacts the financial management of Capper Foundation (“Capper”) adult service programs, collection of fee for service income and the accuracy of accounting records. The Billing Coordinator represents Capper in communication with persons supported, parents/guardians, insurance companies and other payors. This position maintains complete and systematic set of records, timely and accurate documentation for billing and collection of home and community-based services (HCBS) and other program revenues.
- Responsible for the weekly invoicing or claims processing of KS Medicaid HCBS services and other program revenues. Ensures proper month end posting of accounts receivable activity into the general ledger.
- Reviews remittance advices for claim payment status. Provides timely action to resolve claims rejections, denials or payment errors with the appropriate payers.
- Reviews and maintains a tracking system for tier rate assignments from BASIS screening. Ensures billing is in compliance with individual plans of care.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations for adult services receivables and program revenues.
- Assists in preparation of annual audit work papers and other reports or analysis requested.
- Records adult service program daily deposit activity into the general ledger systems, in coordination with the Accounting Manager.
- Be an active participant in adult services team meetings and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in billing or general accounting.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and computerized general accounting programs.
- Demonstrated ability to make intermediate level decisions affecting billing and collections.
- Ability to analyze data or information and to apply strong attention to detail in work performed.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, persons supported and the business community.
- Ability to organize, plan, set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Works collaboratively with Capper staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of the organization.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Pass background checks and drug test per Capper Foundation procedures.
- Regularly required to speak and hear.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.